Saturday, May 3, 2008

My Background

I'd like to share a little more about my background. After all, I'm asking you to hire me, so you ought to know my "resume."

Grand Ronde Tribal Elder

I am an enrolled member of the Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde. I am an elder and a former tribal council member. If I am elected to the Oregon legislature, I would be the first enrolled member of an Oregon tribe to serve.

U.S. Army Veteran

I served in the U.S. Army for more than 20 years, including three tours in Vietnam with the 101st Airborne. I was wounded and received the Purple Heart.

Business & Occupational Experience

Instructor, General Education Development, Santee Sioux Indian Reservation, Nebraska
Instructor, Junior Partnership Training Act Program, Columbus, Georgia
Owner, General Contractor, West's Mobile Home Service

Education

Columbia College, Columbus, Missouri
Wy'East High School, Odell, Oregon

Thank you for allowing me to share something about myself.
Buddy West

No comments: