Saturday, May 3, 2008

Issues Important to Oregon

I'd like to take a moment to share my goals concerning several issues which are important in my community.

Affordable Health Care

Health care is of highest priority for Oregonians. Today many Oregonians, due to high costs, are living without health care. I look forward to working with the Oregon Health Board in 2009 to make health care more and more affordable and available.

Education

Funding good education has always been a huge issue, and as a result, many education funds are directed to schools. However, only a portion of these funds actually find their way into the classroom. I am committed to work to find a way to reduce education overhead and get the resources to the teachers.

Creating Jobs

The Legislature must work with the Labor Commission to ensure that, before privatizing or contracting out construction jobs, they will first work with unions and the construction industry to train workers.

Buddy West

No comments: