Saturday, April 19, 2008

A little about myself

My name is Wesley West, but my friends call me "Buddy." I was born in Redding, California, and raised in Oregon. I am a widower who is remarried to a wonderful lady, Dee. I have been blessed with a large family. In addition to my wife, I have a daughter and five step sons, and most of them live locally. My mother also lives nearby and still lives independently. Add in siblings, cousins, grandchildren, and even one great-grandchild, and it is quite a group!

Dee and I live in Sheridan. I am an elder and former tribal council member at Grand Ronde, and Dee is Navajo. We have two cats. We spend a lot of time with our family and in tribe activites. Also, Dee and I are both artists - in our spare time!

I'm pround to say I served twenty years in the Army. One of my greatest honors was receiving the Purple Heart. After retiring from the Army, I went into a second career in HVAC. My Army career took me all over, but when I retired from my second career and my first wife passed away, I returned to Sheridan, which I consider my home town. Most recently I have served a term on the Grand Ronde tribal council. That was a great honor and also allowed me to travel and experience my Native American culture.

My greatest blessing, besides my family, is my life experience. I have more than just experience in politics. I have experience in life. I know what it's like to run a business, to make a payroll, to deal with unwieldy government regulations. And I know what it's like to raise a family. I'd like to bring all of my experience to serve my community as State Representative.

Buddy West

No comments: